The IDC Staff Instructor course is a big step in your Dive Career. By doing the IDC Staff Instructor course, you will now be in the shoes of the person you once looked up to. As an IDC Staff Instructor, you will get exclusive in-depth knowledge about scuba diving and training new PADI Instructors on a Course Director level. You will assist PADI Course Director Kim during the IDC with Kim and work closely together with her. This is a life-changing experience in teaching you how to evaluate and coach the new PADI Instructors and become a PADI Course Director yourself!
The IDC Staff Instructor course is a big step in your Dive Career, more than ever before. By doing the IDC Staff Instructor course, you will now be in the shoes of the person you once looked up to. Those dreams of becoming a dive professional and working in the industry you love will become a reality after this course.
As an IDC Staff Instructor, you will get exclusive in-depth knowledge about scuba diving and training new PADI Instructors on a Course Director level. You will assist PADI Course Director Kim during the IDC and work closely together with her. She will show you how to conduct candidate counselling sessions, how to coach them to an even better level of teaching techniques above- and underwater, and how to become a dive mentor. In other words, you get the opportunity to coach the new dive educators during the PADI IDC.
What’s in it for you as a dive instructor growing to an IDC Staff Instructor?
You will learn the latest up-to-date dive knowledge and teaching techniques from our PADI Award-winning Course Director Kim. This enables you to brush up on your own diving knowledge theory and PADI standards. You will become a better dive instructor from it, guaranteed. Other than that, it is a well-known and extremely valuable qualification within the dive industry. It helps you to grow in your own dive career towards a senior dive instructor role: towards that manager role within the dive industry. The IDC Staff Instructor course is a life-changing experience and gives you credit towards your dive career and even become a PADI Course Director yourself someday!
What you do throughout the IDC Staff Instructor course?
- We start to pre-assess your dive instructor knowledge and skills. This means your dive theory, your role model presentation skills in the classroom, and your professional teaching skills in confines water and open water.
- You audit a full IDC program with Kim.
- You get to learn and schedule how to organise and set up the Assistant Instructor course.
- You go more into depth about the physiology of evaluation and counselling.
- You learn to evaluate IDC candidate presentations.
What PADI materials do I need?
You get access to your own PADI IDC Staff Instructor digital crew pack, including the PADI Course Director manual and evaluation slates. Other PADI materials you need are your dive instructor cue cards, PADI manuals, PADI Guide to Teach, and the latest PADI Instructor manual update.
What is the price for the IDC Staff Instructor Course?
The PADI IDC Staff Instructor course = 10 million IDR (this includes all the above plus free lunches and free flow of other snacks and drinks during the IDC with Kim). The PADI fee for the IDC Staff Instructor course is 190AUD.
The things you can do as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor:
- Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors
- Conduct IDC training segments yourself with the Course Director there to consult if needed
- Evaluate, provide counselling and remedial training for instructor candidates during IDC’s.
- Assist with IDC’s and other instructor level continuing education courses.
The things you need to be before you can start with the IDC Staff Instructor course:
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- EFR Instructor
- Be a PADI role model
Click through to check out all our IDC course dates and timetables